Monday, February 29, 2016

Book Blog Newbie Tag

Hey ya’ll. Here’s my first tag for ya! I wanted to start Geronimo Reads off with a little get to know me post before I jump right on into things. I couldn’t find a book blog tag that I liked, so I am using the tag Trina from Between Chapters on Youtube created. Definitely go check her out! Now let’s do this!


1. Where are you joining us from?
Good ole sunny Florida.

2. How old are you?
I am 23, but will be turning 24 in a few months.

3. Why did you join booktube (blogging)?
I wanted an outlet to express my love (or hate, let’s be real) for the books that I’m reading. Also to have a space where I can completely geek out and have no. shame.

4. What is the meaning behind your channel name? (If it’s something other than your name,)
I think Geronimo is a funny word. Also makes me happy when I think/say it. And because Eleven.

5. What types of books do you read / want to talk about here?
I say that I read all types, but I tend to stick with contemporary. It’s my comfy, fluffy zone. I have been branching out into dystopian, fantasy and sci-fi and have been enjoying some of the reads there.

6. Who are some of your favorite authors?
Ah hell. I don’t really have any favorites. Sorry this answer wasn’t very fun.

7. What’s the last book you read?
I last read…..The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black. It was really interesting. I gave it 4 stars. 

8. What are you currently reading?
Ok bare with me here. I’m a little over halfway through with Prodigy by Marie Lu. Also just starting Kissing in America by Margo Rabb. And I’ve read 3 stories from The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J Maas. I’m a mess, I know.

9. What do you use for bookmarks?
If I’m being honest, whatever small scrap of paper I have lying next to me. It’s rare for me to use actual bookmarks.

10. Show us your current TBR pile!
……..you don’t want to see that. Just picture one huge bookshelf and there ya have it.

11. Which do you prefer: Hard cover or paper back? Ebooks or Physical books? Owning or borrowing books?
Paperbacks. They’re so much easier to read. Physical books, though I do enjoy e-books. I prefer owning books.

12. What book or series got you into reading?
The Babysitter’s Club by Ann M. Martin. Man, did I want to be Kristy growing up. But let’s be real, I was totally a Mary Anne.

13. How did you discover Booktube (blogging)?
I honestly have no freaking clue. I must have just stumbled upon a video somehow and the rest was history.

14. What challenges do you think you’ll face with your own channel (blog)?
Consistency will be my nemesis. I tend to get so into something and put my all into it at first, and then completely ignore it months later. That’s why my last 2 blogs crashed and burned but I. WILL. PREVAIL. 3rd times a charm, right? Right.

15. Where else can we find you? Link Up! 
Twitter: @__brittbryan
Email: brittneebryan@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog name - it's actually what attracted me to your blog in the first place, because DOCTOR WHO! I love your background btw - TARDISes everywhere is a world I wanna be in <3
    It's hard to pick a favourite author - so you're forgiven for that question! :P
    I totally feel about the whole consistency thing. Imo, so long as you post like, once a fortnight or month - you're alright. Life can be so very hectic!
    Nice to meet you, Britt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Geraldine! I thought the name would be fun. So glad you like it!
      I don't think I've ever had a favorite author, to be honest! I have a bunch that I absolutely LOVE though!
      I'm trying!! I just need to start planning my posts ahead of time.. I think that will definitely help me stay consistent.

      Thanks so much for following! <3

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging community! I love the assassin's blade - I hope you're enjoying it! I just started my blog yesterday, I know it can be hard starting up!

    Can't wait to see more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much! And welcome to you, too!! I honestly haven't picked up The Assassin's Blade since I made this post. I think I need to pick up COM and see if I'm still even interested in this world anymore, to be honest.

      I'll go check out your blog now :) <3

      Delete